Sunday, September 22, 2013

Glacier Bay's Margerie Glacier

I have always wanted to see a glacier. I was inspired growing up with tales of John Muir and visiting Yosemite's incredible valley, carved out by giant walls of ice. Though I still am yet to hike or climb a glacier, Margerie is the first that I've seen up close. I can't put in to words how excited I was, so instead I will show you my photographs.


 It is a little hard to tell but in the panoramic image the glacier was calving. That is when large chunks of ice come off the face of the glacier. Rather good timing if I do say so myself.
This is a close up of the same photograph.





Seeing this beautiful relic of the ice ages was like a waking dream, I am happy that I can share it with you. 
Rachel Deehan

No comments:

Post a Comment